The Blog series is called “Between the lines”. What lines are those? Well they can be looking past the blog to the actual blogger or they can be in reference to all of my lovely wrinkles, which I have earned and am proud of.
A New Beginning
This desire went hand in hand with the ever growing economic crisis in Greece. I had spent far too many days staring glumly at the talking heads on the TV who had no answers to our problems and only compounded them by their shrill talk. I thought, why not focus on repurposing old things. My infamous basement was full of things that could be repurposed. And I also saw this as a stepping stone to a new career. Who says we can’t do something different and new after 50?
Of course, I jumped into it blindly. You can read all about my first year’s trials and tribulations here. I had no clue what blogging was about; after all it is a relatively new profession. And for that I am grateful. Because had I known all it entails I might not be sitting here talking to you right now. But I do love a good challenge and this for me was just that!
Making the Connections
I was however, fortunate to follow bloggers who were kindhearted and helpful with information and nudged me along on the right path. I have made friendships with bloggers of all ages because this beast called blogging knows no age boundaries. And surprisingly many of my friends are not in the DIY home niche. There are so many talented people out there who freely give their knowledge and wisdom on topics ranging from food to parenting, blogging and even how to build a canoe. And you can trust them because they are not selling you a product but they are giving you their experience. I only wish I had more hours in the day to read more blogs.
The Importance of Blogging
- I have acquired many new skills some of which I did not even know existed. Social Media anyone? I also learned about chalk paint because as far as I know, it had never set foot in the boondocks before me.
- My long forgotten love of photography has been reawakened and has helped me to see in a whole new way.
- I see this as a stepping stone to a new career or an end in itself. I am only limited by how much work I put into it.
- This is a good example for my daughters. I want them to know that they can choose to follow their passion and not feel limited. And have the confidence to move forward.
- Let’s not forget about the aforementioned brain cells. This is a great way to work your mind and creativity. I feel as if I have come out of hibernation.
- And lastly, my home is getting a full upcycle. There is nothing like a weekly deadline to make you work on all those home projects you’ve been putting off …indefinitely!
2. My Side of 50
3. A Miracle in my Living Room
4. Kim Today
5. Brandywine Cottage
6. Vanity and Me
7. The Boondocks Blog
8. La Bella Vita Cucina
9. It’s All Fine Whatever tickles the Fancy
I love it when I get your comments and I will reply to each and every one of them.
Μ ‘αρέσει όταν παίρνω τα σχόλιά σας και θα απαντήσω σε καθένα από αυτά.