As you can see below, this cauldron was nasty. It was found in my basement, and probably would have stated there forever if it was not for this challenge. Full of rust and dirt, it was not something I would want to display in my home. In fact, I found out that it had been used in the past to dye fabric.Apparently it has been around in our family since before the Revolution of 1821. So it really is an antique, at least 200 years old. It is a Turkish Copper pot cauldron with cast iron handles. Thanks to the hubs for all this info.
I watered it down a little and lightly dabbled it on. I also added some acrylic bronze color.
This blog is for entertainment purposes only; my DIY tutorials are not professional advice. Read my full disclaimer here.
I love it when I get your comments and I will try reply to them or visit you on your blog. Please do not add a hyperlink to your comment, otherwise we cannot publish it.