The life of a blogger can be so tough sometimes. I pride myself on keeping to my twice weekly schedule and this week… well I simply could not for the life of me finish a project. That was a first. Usually I get bogged down in Facebook. All of you bloggers out there know what I am talking about, and for all of you folks who do not blog, well let me explain. Sometimes it is just not possible to come up with a project in time for a post! Case in point this vintage coffee roaster repurpose.
I have had this whatchamacallit sitting in my foyer for well over a year now. Hubby bought it home one day (bless his heart) from the farm of all places. At first we didn’t know what it was. But then he guessed that it must have been a coffee roaster.
It sat in my foyer for a whole year while I scratched my head and stared at it! I couldn’t even open that door in the center.
At one point I even did some research and found one on e-bay that looks like mine. And here is a link of someone explaining how it works. Of course all that research did not help me in figuring out what to do with it.
The other day I was in Facebook, as I am all the time, and I asked my friends if they had any ideas. Well the angels must have blessed Michelle from A Crafty Mix because she instantly said to add …
Of course, I’m getting ahead of my story.
The first thing was to attempt to open that door. Half a bottle of DW-40 and still no luck.
I wanted to paint it and give it a shimmery look. I used DecoArt Dazzling Metallics in Bronze…
Oh, I was not compensated for this product in any way, I just love the stuff!
… with some green acrylic paint.
The result is “breen”! Bronze and green! Did I just invent a new color?
Now back to my story… Michelle suggested I add a solar light on top!
It sounded easy enough. Err, maybe not this way…
That’s a bit better but still not great.
At least now the solar light is not in danger of blowing away!
I stuck it into a succulent plant. Doesn’t it look gorgeous?
Almost like a marriage made in heaven…
Well, maybe not from this point of view!
It was at around this point that I grabbed a knife and pried the opening… nothing but dust inside. But I was on a mission…
I moved it to my planters with the wandering jews, the ones I had shown you in my balcony tour. But it still stuck out like a sore thumb.
Till we finally ended up here… in my favorite corner. It looks nice next to the trunks.
The trunks of the plant balance out the height of the coffee roaster and make it look like it belongs there.
Of course at night it looks even better. Haha!
So what is the moral of this story?
Don’t leave your vintage whatchamakallits out in your foyer for a year?
Mix your paints with abandon?
Make sure you know the top from the bottom of a coffee roaster?
It is this: When in a jam, make sure you stay on Facebook! You never know when a friend will help you out! Thank you Michelle! Go check out her blog, it is amazing!
I hope you all enjoyed my wacky tale of the “Breen” vintage coffee roaster repurpose. I know it is far from gorgeous, but at least I got it out of the foyer. What would you have done with it? And did I really invent a new color?
If you like what you see, share it with your friends, or save it on Pinterest. If you really like what you see subscribe to my blog and get my adventures twice a week in your mailbox.
Disclosure: The items below are affiliate links and link to Amazon.com. If you purchase any of these products through the links, I receive a small commission, that way I can continue to provide you with lovely content. There is no extra charge to you for purchasing through my affiliate links.
You may also like:
<< Easy Fall Wreath HOME Sweet Inspiration Link Party #26 >>
This blog is for entertainment purposes only; my DIY tutorials are not professional advice. Read my full disclaimer here.
I love it when I get your comments and I will reply to them. Please do not add a hyperlink to your comment, otherwise we cannot publish it.